As weather getting cooler, it’s time to cozy up your salads and serve them up warm for extra comfort. I always try to have a meat-free lunch at least three times a week. I spend a little extra time on a Sunday in the kitchen preparing roastingÂ vegetables which can store really well for up 3 days in the fridge and be easily tossed in to a salad for lunch. Try this super simple and colourful salad that is so easy to whip up an satisfy.
Â *Serves 1
All you need:
- 95g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30g reduced-fat feta, crumbed
- 60 g baby beets, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (80 g) pre-cooked roastedÂ pumpkin, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 tspn olive oil dressing
- Freshly squeezed lemon
- Handful of rocket leaves to garnish (optional)
- in a large mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, feta, baby beets and pumpkin.
- For the dressing,Â squeeze Â¼ of fresh lemon and drizzle with olive oil. Mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with rocket leaves and serve.